The goal of one man became the mission of many.
ELFRID PAYTON JR.
- Gretna, Louisiana
- New Orleans Pelicans
- Point Guard
- 2014 Philadelphia 76ers (Round: 1, Pick: 10th Overall)
- Traded to the Orlando Magic
- 2014 – 2018: Orlando Magic
- Franchise History for 4 triple-doubles in one season
- 2018: Phoenix Suns
- 2018 – Present: New Orleans Pelicans Traded to the Orlando Magic in 2014
- 2015: NBA All-Rookie First Team
- 2014: Lefty Driesell Award
- 2014: Sun Belt Defensive Player of the Year
- 2013 & 2014: 2x First-Team All-Sun Belt
- 2018-19: Three straight triple-doubles
- February 2017: NBA Community Assist Award
- March 2017: Rich and Helen DeVos Community Enrichment Award
- Impacted more than 4,000 children
- Invested over $400,000 in community programs for underserved children and families
- Distributes school supplies to Gretna Middle School
- Distributes toys and books to families in need
- Sponsors youth basketball teams
- Sponsors youth group to attend NBA games
- Renovated Basketball Court in the community
- Visited terminally-ill children at hospital visits
- Renovated computer labs in the community
- And so much more!
The Elfrid Payton Foundation mission is to assist underserved families in the areas of access to literacy, health and wellness, and arts & culture.
ELFRID PAYTON FOUNDATION PROGRAMS:
#IAMME Arts & Culture Program
- Annual arts and culture program. #IAMME is a 10-week curriculum in which youth ages 10-14 have the unique opportunity to explore social and artistic expressions through dance, visual arts & entrepreneurship. The program’s goal is also to help youth build confidence in their own self-image while embracing diverse cultures and arts.
Charity Kickball Tournament
- In effort to bring his childhood community together with free entertainment, games, and fun
Annual Elf’s Toy Workshop Celebration
- Benefiting over 150 kids from Gretna Boys and Girls Club. In addition to receiving free toys, youth enjoyed snow, human foosball, inflatables, food, and much more.
EP Elite Youth Basketball
- Takes pride in giving underserved kids exposure to youth basketball. The goal of the program is to expose youth to the game of basketball while learning elite basketball skills, leadership skills, healthy living, and good citizenship. EP Elite is currently comprised of youth basketball teams from 5th to 11th grade. To date, graduates of the EP Elite Basketball program have received scholarships to D1 Universities.